The Continuing Emergence of Activists & Quantitative Strategies
Date Published: October 12, 2022
Summary PowerPoint Deck: 137 Slides
Reference PowerPoint Deck: 1,078 Slides
The purpose of this research is to provide readers with a comprehensive understanding of hedge funds, an industry which continues to grow rapidly despite relatively poor overall absolute & relative investment returns. This research analyzes hedge funds data investment strategy and offers a series of future predictions for hedge funds. This research is incorporated into Tiburon's research on alternative investments and its even broader coverage of investable assets.
This research begins with a context setting for hedge funds, including:
This research addresses the key historical phases of hedge funds, including:
- Growth in Popularity
- Reasons Gained Popularity
- Reasons Being Challenged
This research summarizes the market growth and highlights the leading hedge fund managers.
- Emergence Phase
- Strategy Diversification Phase
- Rapid Growth Phase
- Retrenchment Phase
This research defines key investment strategy market segments within hedge funds, including:
This research defines key markets & distribution channels for hedge funds, including:
- Equity Hedge Fund Strategies
- Arbitrage or Relative Value Hedge Fund Strategies
- Event Driven Hedge Fund Strategies
- Global Macro Hedge Fund Strategies
- Hedge Funds-of-Funds
And this research makes several future predictions for hedge funds, including:
- High Net Worth Consumers
- United States High Net Worth Consumers
- Non-United States High Net Worth Consumers
- Institutional Markets
- Endowments & Foundations
- Defined Benefit Plans & Defined Contribution Plans
- Continuing Hedge Fund Activists Headlines
- Moderate Market Growth for Hedge Funds
- Fastest Growth for Equity Hedge Funds with Hedge Funds-of-Funds Continuing to Struggle
- Continuing Rapid Growth of Quantitative Strategies
- Institutional Markets to Continue to be Dominant Fund Raising Market
- Industry Maturization & Concentration of Net Flows
- Declining Fees for Hedge Funds
- Consolidation of the Hedge Funds Business
Tiburon Members & individual research subscribers may click on any of the icons below to access any part of this research. The most widely utilized parts are the Key Findings (think factoids), Podcast Presentation, and Summary PowerPoint deck.
Please click on the Table of Contents icon below to see more details of this research.
Members of the media who would like further access to the components of this research may click on the icon below or send an email to Sarah Sage.
Tiburon Research Subscriptions
If you are having difficulties subscribing to Tiburon research online please contact Sarah Sage at
SSage@TiburonAdvisors.Com or 415-789-2540.