The Continuing Emergence of Quantitative Strategies, Big Data, & Activists
Date Published: November 9, 2018
Summary PowerPoint Deck: 101 Slides
Reference PowerPoint Deck: 1,122 Slides
The purpose of this research is to provide readers with a comprehensive understanding of hedge funds, an industry which continues to grow rapidly despite relatively poor overall absolute & relative investment returns. This research analyzes hedge funds data by product structure and investment strategy, and offers a series of future predictions for hedge funds. This research is incorporated into TIburon's research on financial hedge funds and its broader coverage of hedge funds.
This research begins with a situational analysisof hedge funds, including:
This research addresses the key historical phases of hedge funds, including:
- Growth in Popularity
- Reasons Gained Popularity
- Reasons Being Challenged
And this research summarizes the market growth and highlights the leading hedge fund managers.
- Emergence Phase
- Strategy Diversification Phase
- Rapid Growth Phase
- Retrenchment Phase
This research defines product structure market segments within hedge funds, including:
This research defines key investment strategy market segments within hedge funds, including:
- Hedge Funds
- United States Hedge Funds
- Non-United States Hedge Funds
- Hedge Funds-of-Funds
This research defines key market & distribution channels for hedge funds, including:
- Equity Hedge Fund Strategies
- Arbitrage or Relative Value Hedge Fund Strategies
- Event Driven Hedge Fund Strategies
- Global Macro Hedge Fund Strategies
And this research makes several future predictions for hedge funds, including:
- High Net Worth Consumers
- United States High Net Worth Consumers
- Non-United States High Net Worth Consumers
- Institutional Markets
- Endowments & Foundations
- Defined Benefit Plans & Defined Contribution Plans
- Moderate Hedge Funds Market Growth
- Continuing Activists Headlines
- Continuing Rapid Growth of Quantitative Strategies
- Continuing Rapid Rise of Big Data Opportunities
- Industry Maturization & Concentration of Net Flows
- Declining Fees
- Consolidation of the Hedge Funds Business
Tiburon CEO Summit Sponsors, Tiburon Members, & individual research subscribers may click on any of the icons below to access any part of this research. The most widely utilized parts are the Key Findings (think factoids), Podcast Presentation, and Summary PowerPoint deck.
Please click on the Table of Contents icon below to see more details of this research.
Members of the media who would like further access to the components of this research may click on the icon below or send an email to Sarah Sage.
Tiburon Research Subscriptions
If you are having difficulties subscribing to Tiburon research online please contact Sarah Sage at
SSage@TiburonAdvisors.Com or 415-789-2540.