The Future of Wealth & Investment Management:
Defining the Winning Product, Channel, & Tactical Strategies
Date Published: April 28, 2023
Summary PowerPoint Deck: 425 Slides
Reference PowerPoint Deck: 1,787 Slides
The purpose of this research is to provide readers with a comprehensive understanding of the future of wealth & investment management. The core of the research starts by addressing the key driving factors of the economy & markets, natural disasters, world affairs, financial services industry stumbles, consumer & institutional wealth, and the legislative & regulatory environment. The research then outlines the key types of financial products & services, including core services, managed funds products, and other produts & services, with a focus on three key growth areas - exchange traded funds (ETFs) & indexing, payments, and wealth management services. The research continues with an overview of the three core markets & distribution channels, including financial advisor channels, institutional markets, & international markets, with a focus on the likely winning markets & distribution channels (namely discount & online brokerage firms, fee-based financial advisors (RIAs), & emerging markets). The research also addresses wealth & investment management winning tactics, including developing marketing & lead generation strategies, leveraging technology & outsourcing, developing appropriate staffing & compensation models, and developing winning firm cultures. And the research concludes by defining the most exciting financial services industry investment opportunities, including those in venture capital, public securities, & private equity.
The research begins by addressing some broadly debated issues, including wealth & investment management firms' role in the economy; the oligopoly trend; government backstops & the too-big-to-fail debate; governance issues including built in conflicts & moral hazard; the growing shadow banking system; and increasing cross-border issues such as Asian & other state controlled financial institutions gain global market share and have varying regulations.
This research addresses the distinct historical phases of the wealth & investment management industry, including:
This research outlines the state of the wealth & investment management industry, including:
- Emergence Phase
- Financial Product Development Phase
- Markets & Distribution Channels Development Phase
- Maturization Phase
And this research makes several future predictions for the wealth & investment management industry, including:
- Key Driving Factors
- Wealth & Investment Management Products & Services
- Wealth & Investment Management Markets & Distribution Channels
- Wealth & Investment Management Winning Tactics
- Wealth & Investment Management Investment Opportunities
- Substantial Growth in the Wealth & Investment Management Industry
- Continued Growth in Shadow Banks
- End of Trend Toward Universal Banks
- Transformation of Role of Banks in New Financial Intermediary Model Centered on Securitization
- Importance of Interest Rates to Both Savers & Financial Services Firms
- Increasing Regulations But Unsuccessful Movement to Break Up the Largest Financial Institutions
- Continued Focus on Retirement Income & More Risk Adverse Consumers
- Emergence & Importance of Women & Gen X Consumers
- Emergence of Unbanked Consumers in Emerging Markets
- Digitization of Delivery & Maturization of the Role of Financial Advisors
- Emergence of Institutionalized Sales & Marketing, Technology & Outsourcing, and Staffing & Compensation Tactics
- Recovering Financial Services Industry Public & Private Investing Opportunities
Tiburon Members and individual research subscribers may click on any of the icons below to access any part of this research. The most widely utilized parts are the Key Findings (think factoids), Podcast Presentation, and Summary PowerPoint deck.
Please click on the Table of Contents icon below to see more details of this research.
Members of the media who would like further access to the components of this research may click on the icon below or send an email to Sarah Sage.
Tiburon Research Subscriptions
If you are having difficulties subscribing to Tiburon research online please contact Sarah Sage at
SSage@TiburonAdvisors.Com or 415-789-2540.