Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs):
The New Packaged Product of Choice
Date Published: October 25, 2018
Summary PowerPoint Deck: 84 Slides
Reference PowerPoint Deck: 1,060 Slides
The purpose of this research is to provide readers with a comprehensive understanding of exchange traded funds (ETFs). BlackRock, The Vanguard Group, & State Street Corporation (State Street Global Advisors) dominate the market. Other firms including Invesco, WisdomTree Investments, & ProShares are developing alternative products. Still other firms including The Charles Schwab Corporation, Allianz (PIMCO), & FMR (Fidelity Investments) are challenging the leaders, while other firms, including active management leaders American Funds and T. Rowe Price Group, have thus far eschewed the exchange traded funds (ETFs) market. The emerging actively managed exchange traded funds (ETFs) and managed exchange traded funds (ETFs) programs markets are also addressed herewithin. This research is incorporated into both Tiburon's coverage of registered investment companies and that of index investing.
This research starts by summarizing the key drivers behind the rapid growth in exchange traded funds (ETFs), including exchange traded funds' (ETFs') advantages:
This research addresses the critical historical phases of exchange traded funds (ETFs), including:
- Incremental Lower Expenses
- Improved Transparency
- Additional Tax Efficiency
- Lack of Cash Drag
- Liquid & Continuously Priced
- No Redemption or Short-Term Trading Fees
- Ability to Place Stop-Loss, Market, & Limit Orders
- Eligibility for Margin Purchases
- Advantageous Short Sell Rule
This research defines the key exchange traded funds (ETFs) product markets, including:
- Emergence Phase
- Rapid Growth Phase
- Dominance Phase
This research addresses the three markets & distribution channels for exchange traded funds (ETFs), including:
- Passively Managed Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Actively Managed Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
And this research makes several future predictions for exchange traded funds (ETFs), including:
- Direct Channels
- Financial Advisor Channels
- Institutional Markets
- Substantial Growth in Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Broadening Market Share in Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Rapid Emergence of Managed Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) Programs
- Successful Push by Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) into 401K Plans Market
- Rapid Emergence of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) Outside of the United States
Tiburon CEO Summit Sponsors, Tiburon Members, & individual research subscribers may click on any of the icons below to access any part of this research. The most widely utilized parts are the Key Findings (think factoids), Podcast Presentation, and Summary PowerPoint deck.
Please click on the Table of Contents icon below to see more details of this research.
Members of the media who would like further access to the components of this research may click on the icon below or send an email to Sarah Sage.
Tiburon Research Subscriptions
If you are having difficulties subscribing to Tiburon research online please contact Sarah Sage at
SSage@TiburonAdvisors.Com or 415-789-2540.