Date Published: August 02, 2018
Summary Power Point Deck: 54 Slides
Reference Power Point Deck: 1,006 Slides
The purpose of this research is to provide readers with an initial understanding of the future of the retail banking, insurance, brokerage, & investment management industries in Bolivia, which provides geographical proximity but also challenges for United States financial services firms, including a different language, a different currency, & different laws. In short, this research defines the future of financial services in Bolivia and compares these findings to those of the United States in order to provide readers with some perspective. Bolivia has trends parallel to those in the United States, but also many fundamental market differences. This research is part of Tiburon's coverage of the Latin America Markets.
The research starts with an explanation of the market history of Bolivia, including these phases:
The research summarizes the growth of Bolivia, and ranks both the leading sub-markets and the leading financial services firms.
The research addresses the four traditional financial services businesses, including:
- Retail Banking
- Investment Management
And the research makes several predictions for Bolivia, including:
- Highly Pronounced Wealth Divide
- Unique Risks, Including the Drug Trade, Faltering Democracies & the threat of Nationalization, & Currency Fluctuations
- Increasing Online Financial Services Potential
- Emergence of Independent Advisors Market
- Increasing Mergers & Acquisitions Opportunities
- Increasing Venture Capital & Private Equity Opportunities