Date Published: December 29, 2014
Summary PPT Deck: 59 Slides
Reference PPT Deck: 121 Slides
The purpose of this research is to provide readers with an initial understanding of financial advisor investment management strategies, which have been rapidly evolving since 2008 when modern portfolio theory and strategic asset allocation came into question. While this research focuses on financial advisors' application of investment management strategies, many of the same concepts are applicable in the institutional and consumer direct markets.
This research addresses the three historical phases of financial advisor investment management strategies, including:
- Haphazard Phase
- Strategic Asset Allocation Phase
- Rapidly Evolving Strategies Phase
And this research makes future predictions for financial advisor investment management strategies.
- Growth in Behavioral Finance
- Growth in Tactical Asset Allocation
- Growth in The Endowment Model
- Growth in Goals-Based Investing, Risk Budgeting, Risk Parity, Risk Control, & Asset-Liability Matching