Managed Account Programs:
Rapid Growth & the Re-Emergence of Centralized Programs
Date Published: November 5, 2018
Summary PowerPoint Deck: 83 Slides
Reference PowerPoint Deck: 1,312 Slides
The purpose of this research is to provide readers with a comprehensive understanding of managed account programs, including separately managed account (SMA) programs, mutual fund wrap account programs, exchange traded fund (ETF) wrap account programs, & unified managed account (UMA) programs, as well as rep as portfolio manager and rep as advisor programs. No individual trend across the financial advisor channels is as profound as the shift away from commission brokerage towards these six types of managed account programs. This comprehensive research includes a detailed history, statistics on the leading programs, details of each program type, highlights of each distribution channel, and predictions for the future. This research is part of Tiburon's broader coverage of financial products & services. Another Tiburon research topic more narrowly addresses financial advisor turnkey asset management programs (FA TAMPs).
This research outlines the key historical phases, including:
This research addresses core managed account program types, including:
- Slow Growth Phase
- Explosive Growth Phase
- Financial Advisor Programs Dominance Phase
- Centralized Programs Re-Emergence Phase
This research defines key markets & distribution channels for managed account programs, including:
- Separately Managed Account (SMA) Programs
- Mutual Fund Wrap Account Programs
- Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) Wrap Account Programs
- Unified Managed Account (UMA) Programs
- Rep as Portfolio Manager Programs
- Rep as Advisor Programs
And this research makes several future predictions for managed account programs, including:
- Wirehouses & Regional Brokerage Firms
- Independent Advisors
- Retail Banks
- Other Financial Advisor Channels
- Substantial Growth for Managed Account Programs
- Emergence of Rep as Portfolio Manager & Rep as Advisor Program Benchmarking
- Re-Emergence of Centralized Programs
- Potentially New Pricing Models
- International Opportunities
Tiburon CEO Summit Sponsors, Tiburon Members, & individual research subscribers may click on any of the icons below to access any part of this research. The most widely utilized parts are the Key Findings (think factoids), Podcast Presentation, and Summary PowerPoint deck.
Please click on the Table of Contents icon below to see more details of this research.
Members of the media who would like further access to the components of this research may click on the icon below or send an email to Sarah Sage.
Tiburon Research Subscriptions
If you are having difficulties subscribing to Tiburon research online please contact Sarah Sage at
SSage@TiburonAdvisors.Com or 415-789-2540.